Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Apologies

About a year ago, I said some things I am not proud of about my new best friend, Kim Kardashian. A night of sleeplessness a few weeks ago led me to catch up on my DVR and even tune to E! for a few extra hours. I caught two episodes of Keeping Up with the Kardashian's and I was dying for a few more (and have since DVR-ed the Thanksgiving marathon). I was drawn to the close-knit family: Kim's 3 Kardashian siblings, Khloe, Kourtney, and Robert Jr., their mom, Kris, and her husband, former Olympian Bruce Jenner, Kim's Kardashian-Jenner siblings, and Bruce's son Brody. In the first episode I watched, "Photo Shoot," the family rallies around Kim as she must decide whether or not to pose for Playboy - which she is terrified to do because she is aware of her unfavorable and trashy reputation. In the second episode, the family is remembering the anniversary of patriarch Robert Kardashian's death. The special thing about this family, in my observation, is the reverence the kids all have for their step-dad, Bruce, and the respect that he has for their father. You probably have to see it to understand, but for sure, Keeping Up With The Kardashian's is worth a watch.

I say all of this to say - I retract my original estimation of Kim Kardashian. No hard feelings :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally love their family!